Who are we?
IDEAL-NM partners with New Mexico schools to expand the educational options available to you as a New Mexico student and to prepare you with 21st century skills. IDEAL-NM offers a statewide virtual school in partnership with New Mexico schools.
How do we do this?
- Through the virtual school over 116 semester-long courses are available to you and are taught online by licensed New Mexico teachers.
- The courses are asynchronous (students and teachers access the course at varying times), interactive and engaging.
- All of IDEAL-NM’s courses are approved by the New Mexico Public Education Department and are aligned with state content standards and benchmarks.
- As a New Mexico student, you can enroll in an IDEAL-NM course through your school. Your school will provide the space, technology and support necessary to complete your course and will award the course credit. IDEAL-NM will provide the online content, teacher and support services.
Why do students choose IDEAL-NM?
Students take courses online through IDEAL-NM for a variety of reasons including:
- Credit recovery
- Credit acceleration
- Advanced Placement
- Expansion of electives
- Fulfillment of the distance learning graduation requirement
- Flexibility in scheduling
Virtual learning offers the opportunity for you to customize your learning while at the same time developing digital learning skills that will empower you with 21st century skills that will support your success in college, the workplace and beyond.
Are you ready to be the architect of your own learning?
Contact your school counselor to enroll in an IDEAL-NM course today!